Roadmap for Reopening
We are pleased to announce that as per the government road map we will be reopening the Newtown Community Centre, with some restrictions, from the 8th March (These, of course are subject to review & change)
From 8th March we will open for;
- Formal, structured support groups
- Work related training
- Individual hire relating to work or career development
- Formal education provision
From the 12th April we will open for the above plus;
- Individuals or household groups
- Structured play activities including playgroups and organised pre-school activities
- One to one music tuition
From the 17th May we will open for all of the above plus;
- Sports and exercise groups
- Activity groups
Our Covid-secure systems & reduced capacity in all rooms will remain in place until restrictions are eased.
Please note, we are not yet permitted to hire the centre to mixed households for birthday parties or social events.
If you have a booking enquiry please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to the centre soon
Corona Virus (COVID-19) Information
Exeter City Council is acting as an umbrella organisation for all support efforts. You can join the their update group to be kept informed or get involved: https://www.facebook.com/groups/exeterupdates/
For current Corona information please check the following pages:
Rooms for Hire
- The large room is 70m2, has a capacity of 70 (17, with required social distancing) standing downstairs and costs £12 per hour to hire.
- The smaller ground floor room is 35m2, has a capacity of 35 (8, with required social distancing) standing and costs £7 per hour to hire.
- The loft room (not in use with current regulations), which is only accessible via the staircase, is 35m2, has a capacity of 39 standing and costs £10 per hour to hire. Note that others will occasionally require access to the storage cupboards in the upper room.
- The kitchen (not in use with current regulations) is for food preparation and costs an additional £3 per hour. You must book the kitchen if you need to prepare food. There is no charge if you only want to prepare drinks. However, if another party has the kitchen booked, your access to it is at their discretion. We expect people to co-operate!
Please note that these prices are for community use, private commercial bookings attract different rates. Please see the Bookings Policy for further information.
To make a Booking
- View the calendar below to check for availability. Make sure you use the drop down menu to select the room you want to view.
- Once you have found suitable date(s) and times, please complete the online booking form or a PDF is available on request.
- Please allow plenty of time and submit your booking, we request a minimum of 3 full days before the slot you’re interested in. Demand is high, so please expect to book much further ahead.
- Once we have received your booking form we will confirm your booking and issue an invoice.
- By submitting a booking form you agree that you have read, understood and agree to the Booking Policy and that you will adhere to the Centre Usage Rules. Please take a moment to read these documents