In line with recent changes to government guidelines, from Friday 10th December, all visitors to the Newtown Community Centre, including mixed household party bookings, are required to wear a face-covering in all areas of the building unless: medically exempt, eating, drinking or excercising.
- We will continue with our covid cleaning regimes
- We will continue to provide viricidal cleaning spray for hirers to use on all contact points and used surfaces at the end of their hire
- We will continue to leave a 30min gap between all bookings to avoid crowding
- Hand Sanitiser units will remain in place at all entrance points
- Hirers are required to ventilate the centre during their booking
- As always hirers are asked to only use the rooms they have booked and to leave them clean and tidy
Please do not visit the centre if you have suspected COVID symptoms, you are awaiting a PCR test result or have been in direct contact with someone who has COVID
Thank you for your cooperation at this challenging time
Rooms for Hire
- The large room is 70m2, has a capacity of 70 standing (35, with reduced capacity) and costs £12 per hour to hire.
- The smaller ground floor room is 35m2, has a capacity of 35 standing (17, with reduced capacity) and costs £7 per hour to hire.
- The loft room is 35m2, has a capacity of 39 standing (19, with reduced capacity) and costs £10 per hour to hire. Please note that this room is only accessable through the stairs and that others will occasionally require access to the storage cupboards.
- The kitchen (available on request) costs an additional £3 per hour. You must book the kitchen if you need to prepare food and/or drink.
Please note that these prices are for community use, private commercial bookings attract different rates. Please see the Bookings Policy for further information.
To make a Booking
- View the calendar below to check for availability. Make sure you use the drop down menu to select the room you want to view.
- Once you have found suitable date(s) and times, please complete the online booking form or a PDF is available on request.
- Please allow plenty of time and submit your booking, we request a minimum of 3 full days before the slot you’re interested in. Demand is high, so please expect to book much further ahead.
- Once we have received your booking form we will confirm your booking and issue an invoice.
- Once full payment is made your booking will be secure
- Please add the email address email@example.com to your safe list so you can receive further correspondence about your booking
- By submitting a booking form you agree that you have read, understood and agree to the Booking Policy and that you will adhere to the Centre Usage Rules. Please take a moment to read these documents
Please note that the calendar below should be used for guidance only, this does not show pending bookings or any future bookings of our regular activities. The submission of a booking form acts as an initial enquiry and you should wait for confirmation from the bookings team before making formal arrangements for your event.