Covid Update – the Community Centre is open
Newtown Community Centre reopened on 14th September, we would like to extend our thanks to Exeter City Council for the Community Action Grant. The Grant has enabled us to purchase vital PPE & Covid-19 specific cleaning products necessary to ensure that the Centre meets Covid secure guidelines. Our priority is to ensure that we can provide a safe space for all our users, with this in mind we will continue to review the situation. Many of our regular groups have returned, and it is great to see the Community Centre being used again.
At present, we are not opening the loft room, and the kitchen is not available either.
IMPORTANT for all users – only the organiser of each event should enter by the front door. Everyone else (except those who need the disabled access) should use the French doors on the verandah side to enter and leave the room where the event is being held.
Corona Virus (COVID-19) Information
Exeter City Council is acting as an umbrella organisation for all support efforts. You can join the their update group to be kept informed or get involved: https://www.facebook.com/groups/exeterupdates/
For current Corona information please check the following pages:
Rooms for Hire
- The large room is 70m2, has a capacity of 70 (17, with required social distancing) standing downstairs and costs £12 per hour to hire.
- The smaller ground floor room is 35m2, has a capacity of 35 (8, with required social distancing) standing and costs £7 per hour to hire.
- The loft room (not in use with current regulations), which is only accessible via the staircase, is 35m2, has a capacity of 39 standing and costs £10 per hour to hire. Note that others will occasionally require access to the storage cupboards in the upper room.
- The kitchen (not in use with current regulations) is for food preparation and costs an additional £3 per hour. You must book the kitchen if you need to prepare food. There is no charge if you only want to prepare drinks. However, if another party has the kitchen booked, your access to it is at their discretion. We expect people to co-operate!
Please note that these prices are for community use. Private commercial bookings may attract different rates. See the policy documentation.
To make a Booking
- View the calendar below to check for availability. Make sure you use the drop down menu to select the room you want to view.
- Once you have found suitable date(s) and times, download a booking form, complete it and return it to email@example.com.
- Please allow plenty of time and submit your booking, we request a minimum of 3 full days before the slot you’re interested in. Demand is high, so please expect to book much further ahead.
- Once we have received your booking form we will confirm your booking and issue an invoice.
- By submitting a booking form you agree that you have read, understood and agree to the Booking Policy and that you will adhere to the Centre Usage Rules. Please take a moment to read these documents