Corona Virus (COVID-19) : Newtown Community Centre Closure
Due to rapidly changing circumstances and the importance of social distancing we have decided we must close the Newtown Community Centre until further notice.
The centre will be closed to the public from the afternoon of Friday 20th March.
Most groups have already cancelled or postponed their bookings. If you have an imminent booking please contact email@example.com as soon as possible. You can also text the bookings number on 07847 229 194.
Please note that your access code or key fob will no longer open the door. If you require access to your storage please contact us by email or text as above.
The NCA is looking at ways that the centre can safely be used to support the community in these dramatic times. Watch this space for further information.
Exeter City Council is acting as an umbrella organisation for all support efforts. You can join the their update group to be kept informed or get involved: https://www.facebook.com/groups/exeterupdates/
For current Corona information please check the following pages:
Rooms for Hire
- The large room is 70m2 , has a capacity of 70 standing downstairs and costs £12 per hour to hire.
- The smaller ground floor room is 35m2 , has a capacity of 35 standing and costs £7 per hour to hire.
- The loft room, which is only accessible via the staircase, is 35m2, has a capacity of 39 standing and costs £10 per hour to hire. Note that others will occasionally require access to the storage cupboards in the upper room.
- The kitchen is for food preparation and costs an additional £3 per hour. You must book the kitchen if you need to prepare food. There is no charge if you only want to prepare drinks. However, if another party has the kitchen booked, your access to it is at their discretion. We expect people to co-operate!
Please note that these prices are for community use. Private commercial bookings may attract different rates. See the policy documentation.
To make a Booking
- View the calendar below to check for availability. Make sure you use the drop down menu to select the room you want to view.
- Once you have found suitable date(s) and times, download a booking form, complete it and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please allow plenty of time and submit your booking request a minimum of 3 full days before the slot you want. Demand is high, though, so expect to have to book much further ahead than that
- Once we receive your booking form we will secure your booking and issue an invoice.
- Your booking is not guaranteed until we have received payment
- By submitting a booking form you agree that you have read, understood and agree to the Booking Policy and that you will adhere to the Centre Usage Rules. Please take a moment to read these documents