Covid Update September 2020
We plan to start reopening the Newtown Community Centre from 14th September. Our priority is to ensure that we can provide a safe space for all our users, with this in mind we will continue to review the situation and carefully plan for our safe return. Initially this will only be for regular users, with whom we have been consulting.
We would like to thank all of our customers for their support and understanding at this difficult time and look forward to opening our doors and welcoming you back.
IMPORTANT for all users – only the organiser of each event should enter by the front door. Everyone else (except those who need the disabled access) should use the French doors on the verandah side to enter and leave the room where the event is being held.
The kitchen will not be available either for booking or for informal use. Food and drink should not be brought into the Centre, except users own water bottles. The water bottle fountain outside will be switched on. The loft room will not be available for booking, though groups using the storage cupboards will be able to access them.
Corona Virus (COVID-19) Information
Exeter City Council is acting as an umbrella organisation for all support efforts. You can join the their update group to be kept informed or get involved: https://www.facebook.com/groups/exeterupdates/
For current Corona information please check the following pages:
Rooms for Hire
- The large room is 70m2 , has a capacity of 70 standing downstairs and costs £12 per hour to hire.
- The smaller ground floor room is 35m2 , has a capacity of 35 standing and costs £7 per hour to hire.
- The loft room, which is only accessible via the staircase, is 35m2, has a capacity of 39 standing and costs £10 per hour to hire. Note that others will occasionally require access to the storage cupboards in the upper room.
- The kitchen is for food preparation and costs an additional £3 per hour. You must book the kitchen if you need to prepare food. There is no charge if you only want to prepare drinks. However, if another party has the kitchen booked, your access to it is at their discretion. We expect people to co-operate!
Please note that these prices are for community use. Private commercial bookings may attract different rates. See the policy documentation.
To make a Booking
- View the calendar below to check for availability. Make sure you use the drop down menu to select the room you want to view.
- Once you have found suitable date(s) and times, download a booking form, complete it and return it to email@example.com.
- Please allow plenty of time and submit your booking request a minimum of 3 full days before the slot you want. Demand is high, though, so expect to have to book much further ahead than that
- Once we receive your booking form we will secure your booking and issue an invoice.
- Your booking is not guaranteed until we have received payment
- By submitting a booking form you agree that you have read, understood and agree to the Booking Policy and that you will adhere to the Centre Usage Rules. Please take a moment to read these documents