Welcome to Newtown Community Association
The objectives of the Association are to promote the benefit of the inhabitants of Newtown, Exeter. This is without distinction of sex, sexual orientation, nationality, age, disability, race or of political, religious or other opinions. We endeavour to do this in association with Newtown’s inhabitants, with the statutory authorities and with voluntary and other organisations. We seek to advance education and to provide facilities, in the interests of social welfare, recreation and leisure, with the object of improving the conditions of Newtown’s inhabitants.
We are a UK registered charity, number 1173331. Find us at www.charity-commission.gov.uk by entering our number in the “Search of Regular Charities” box.
In line with recent changes to government guidelines, from Friday 10th December, all visitors to the Newtown Community Centre, including mixed household party bookings, are required to wear a face-covering in all areas of the building unless: medically exempt, eating, drinking or excercising.
- We will continue with our covid cleaning regimes
- We will continue to provide viricidal cleaning spray for hirers to use on all contact points and used surfaces at the end of their hire
- We will continue to leave a 30min gap between all bookings to avoid crowding
- Hand Sanitiser units will remain in place at all entrance points
- Hirers are required to ventilate the centre during their booking
- As always hirers are asked to only use the rooms they have booked and to leave them clean and tidy
Please do not visit the centre if you have suspected COVID symptoms, you are awaiting a PCR test result or have been in direct contact with someone who has COVID
Thank you for your cooperation at this challenging time
A Sign of New Beginnings on the Horizon
Exeter City Council and Devon County Council would like residents to give us their views on their local streets and tell us what they feel works well and what could be improved. Survey closes on the 30th April so only a couple of days left to have your say!!
Newtown Community Association (NCA) is seeking an enthusiastic and committed person to lead its Board of Trustees into an exciting new phase.
NCA needs new Trustees, if you think you can contribute in any way and would be willing to stand as a Trustee, please email a short CV to firstname.lastname@example.org