Welcome to Newtown Community Association
The objectives of the Association are to promote the benefit of the inhabitants of Newtown, Exeter. This is without distinction of sex, sexual orientation, nationality, age, disability, race or of political, religious or other opinions. We endeavour to do this in association with Newtown’s inhabitants, with the statutory authorities and with voluntary and other organisations. We seek to advance education and to provide facilities, in the interests of social welfare, recreation and leisure, with the object of improving the conditions of Newtown’s inhabitants.
We are a UK registered charity, number 1173331. Find us at www.charity-commission.gov.uk by entering our number in the “Search of Regular Charities” box.
We have a responsibility to do all we can to contribute toward keeping our community and hirers safe. Reduced room capacities will remain in place until further notice and all visitors are encouraged to use the NHS track and trace app.
As a reminder our Covid Secure measures are as follows:
- All visitors are required to use the NCA track and Trace App displayed in all the rooms
- Individuals are asked not to enter the building if they are unwell or are displaying symptoms of Covid-19
- Visitors are encouraged to wear a mask and to use the hand sanitiser provided
- The current one way system will remain in use
- Reduced capacities remain in place: Large room, 35; Small room, 17; Loft room, 19
- The Kitchen will be available for hire but will otherwise remain locked
We look forward to welcoming you soon
A Sign of New Beginnings on the Horizon
Exeter City Council and Devon County Council would like residents to give us their views on their local streets and tell us what they feel works well and what could be improved. Survey closes on the 30th April so only a couple of days left to have your say!!
Newtown Community Association (NCA) is seeking an enthusiastic and committed person to lead its Board of Trustees into an exciting new phase.
NCA needs new Trustees, if you think you can contribute in any way and would be willing to stand as a Trustee, please email a short CV to firstname.lastname@example.org